Today is the last installment of our handmade Christmas gift guide for 2013. Cat and I thought we would add this category in at the very end to give you ideas of some handmade and DIY options that are simple, cost effective and meet a variety of personality types. Here are some ideas to cover teachers, kris kringle work colleague gifts, kindergarten and school friends.
1. Notebooks - surely everyone loves a notebook? I do! These are a great gender neutral option made by Trink Arts - $91 HKD available here and another option from Quimmz - $49 HKD available here.
2. Zippered Pouches, handmade by me - $99 HKD - I give these to my girls teachers with their name embroidered on the inside - available via my etsy store here. See below for details on how to win one of my travel zippered pouches.
3. Customisable Teacher print from My Sweet Prints $28 AUD - store here.
4. Pens from Chibi Run - though not strictly handmade, Germaine from Chibi Run has an enormous variety of excellent stationery options in her store here $70 HKD - store here.
5. Wire angel covered in Liberty of London fabric $70 HKD from Jane Planet Joy - this is one very clever lady who I know some of you will already be familiar with via her lovely presence on Instagram. Jane uses divine Liberty of London fabric to cover wire and wooden letters and they make really fabulous gifts...I know because I've gifted several of them and kept a few for me. This one is available here.
6. Canberra Creatives Creative Case. This is a monthly craft-in-a-box Project Kit delivered to your door. The gift can be a monthly one, three monthly, six monthly or for the full twelve months. Prices start at $169 HKD - for full details visit the Canberra Creatives website here.
7. Reindeer food DIY - these are a great option for kindergarten/school friends. There are loads of tutorials around and yes, we've all seen it on Pinterest but I like this one by Milk Please Mum here who had her little one write her name on the tags.
8. Cat's salted caramel popcorn in a jar DIY! Add the popcorn, sugar, salt, baking soda and some instructions. Easy peasy! See the instructions here. What a fabulous idea.
9. Cloud brooch by Each to Own $141 HKD available here.
10. Bookmarks, these are made by Zippy Zippy - $70 HKD and are available here.
11. Polyhedra Note Cards (set of 10) $187 HKD. These are designed by the very awesome Messagemark and can be found here.
12. DIY polymer clay pinch pot.... I am at risk of being obsessed with polymer clay projects and this is a great, simple project to try via Spoonful here.
GIVEAWAY: I'd love to make one of our lovely blog readers a travel zippered pouch in their choice of fabric. Leave a comment here or on Cat's blog. One person will be chosen at random on Saturday 30 November in the evening (HK time) and I'll post anywhere in the world.
Thank you all so much for your lovely feedback on Facebook and Instagram in particular about our series, we've really enjoyed sharing our finds and love of the homemade and handmade with you.
Cat and Cat.