I really need to say this, to thank the Universe for looking after me: I am so thankful and grateful for total strangers. In the last few months of traveling, much of it solo with two little girls, I have been helped by so many complete strangers. There are so many genuinely lovely people out there. I can not thank them all enough.
So thank you all:
- The lovely lady working at London airport passport control for letting Zoe and I in a shorter queue.
- The three lovely London airport hotel shuttle bus drivers for helping us with our luggage to get on and off their buses.
- A kind man for helping me get Zoe and our bags to our hotel room.
- Kind lady on the London tube offering her brand new bottle of water to Abbey who was thirsty.
- So many kind people offering me and my pregnant friend Ruth their seats on the tube in London.
- Mr Motorcycle courier for pointing me in the direction of the lift at 5am in the morning at Terminal 5 Heathrow airport. I was walking in the wrong direction.
- People (in the same situation) offering me kind words when I was upset after we had been told quite unexpectedly that there were no staff seats available out of London.
- The lovely passengers on a few of our flights for offering to help with our bags.
- The lovely couple for staying with Abbey during the travelator mishap.
- The same couple for helping push Zoe in the stroller so I could carry and comfort an upset Abbey.
- The lovely 82 year old Great Granny sitting next to us on our flight out of Amsterdam: she kindly told me how well I travelled with my girls and she was impressed at how organised I was (it is always nice to hear kind words)
- Same lovely 82 year old Great Granny sitting next to us ordering a red wine at breakfast just before we landed in Hong Kong. It was really 12 midnight in European time where we had just left, but boy she made me chuckle - red wine when breakfast was being served with a gorgeous sunrise streaming through the airplane windows.
Thank you, lovely strangers. I am ever so grateful.
Have a lovely weekend peeps.