- I can break steel knives with very little effort. I must have the strength of wonder woman. I am sure it had nothing (much) to do with the knife being accidentally dropped on the hard kitchen tiles the day before it broke.
- My mum cooks the best roast lamb. And a mean cauliflower with cheese sauce too, yum! It is a shame my girls did not like the roast, why have they gotten so fussy with food all of a sudden?
- People who pour concrete for a living can not do so in the rain. I have a ditch in the front garden that needs filling with concrete to complete our path. A ditch that has been there for 6 days now thanks to all the rain that fell in Melbourne last week (oooo, Concrete Man just called, ditch to be filled today, yay!)
- This week I tried wool felting for the first time. Add one (hand knitted) wool cardigan from the oppy to your washing machine. Wash on a long, hot cycle, and voila, one (much smaller) wool felted cardigan is made. Now I just need to find the time to cut it up to make Abbey a pair of home made slippers for kinder (pattern from this fab book I borrowed from the library)
- Gosh I love chocolate self saucing pudding on a cold, dreary night. Abbey will tidy up, all by herself, a whole, very messy room, just to have a piece of it also.
- Said chocolate self saucing pudding is healthy if I use wholemeal flour, right?
- Abbey loves pumpkin soup but does not like roast pumpkin any longer. That is too weird.
- Why has it taken me 5.5 months of sole parenting to realise that getting the girls both ready for bed at the same time (pj's and teeth brushing) is so much easier than doing it separately. Now that was a long lesson learnt.
- I was in a hurry to clean our en-suite bathroom this week, and used a very strong cleaning product. Now I remember why I usually use the more natural/not as strong cleaning products - I have an almost allergic reaction to them. I had a head ache for 12 hours. One hour of this, in the middle of the night at least, I could not even move to get out of bed to get a panadol. So does this mean I am allergic to cleaning?
What have you learnt this week?
Have a lovely week peeps.